Saturday, May 21, 2011

Art's BBQ Review

Today we were looking for a new place for lunch and we happened on Art's BBQ. It is near the Altamonte Mall in the plaza with Red Brick and Planet Smoothie.

My first impression was that they weren't very friendly. Well the first time we met the guy up front he wasn't very friendly. But I set that aside to see if they were able to make up for a bad first impression. Man did they ever!

Before the food arrived, I took in the look and feel of the place. Jeff said it felt like we were eating on someone's back porch. He was right. It felt like a patio but it was inside, so outside with air conditioning (always a plus). Everything about the dining room was impeccably clean. I have a habit of running my hand across the table (an old server's habit I guess). No stickiness, no greasiness, nothing. The bathroom was also spotless.

A place that boasts "Southern Style BBQ" is expected to have great sweet tea. I was not disappointed. But it was the food that made me an instant Art's BBQ fan. What a great experience! I had a BBQ pork sandwich. The meat was tender, the bread was fresh and the sauce was the perfect mix of sweet and spicy. I also had fries which were normal crinkle fries but expertly seasoned. Paige had the same thing with fried okra which was amazing. I think everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Add to that the cleanliness and, in the end, a friendly staff and we will be back. If you are looking for something besides mall food, I recommend you stop by Art's and give it a try. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Oh and by the way, it reheats well too.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment