Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Tale of the Garbage Can Monster


Autumn and I were sleeping on the air mattress in the room with my parents. We like to listen to audio books to go to sleep and since my dad uses a sleep apnea machine, we knew my parents wouldn’t be disturbed by it. Well hilarity ensued. Here is the story of the Garbage Can Monster!!


Autumn and I were giggly because every time one of us moved, the other one would roll to the middle of the bed. We thought it was funny that we had no control over our bodies. Dad was in the bathroom and mom was playing a computer game on her laptop in the kitchen. Anyway, suddenly there was this awful sound. It kind of sounded like a bear. As an aside let me say that my brother’s property is surrounded by trees. Again, see the pictures when they are posted to facebook.


So the sound was like a bear growl or like a metal planter scraping across stone or cement. Autumn got off the bed SO FAST and ran down the hallway. As she was going she said, “I am outta here!” She was really headed to the other bathroom but it made me laugh even harder. Since we were already giggling, we got in trouble by my mom who was in the kitchen. She said we were being too loud. That just made me laugh more


After I calmed a bit, I went into the bathroom and realized there was no toilet paper. As I was looking for it in the closet, my foot hit the metal garbage can and it moved across the bathroom floor which is stone tile. Eureka .... that was the sound. I came out of the bathroom and Autumn had figured it out too. Then my dad looked over from the bed. He had his Apnea machine on which hooks to his face. No lie, it looks like the device they put on Hannibal Lector (my sister said it makes him look like snuffaluffagus but that doesn't fit the scary story theme.) Now I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe. Scary sounds and a cannibal in the room with us in a house in the woods. We were officially in a bad horror film. It took me a long time to calm down. Every time I saw my dad’s face in my head, I started rolling again.


No comments:

Post a Comment